The Project – Enhancing Openness of State Archives in Former Soviet Republics and Eastern Bloc Countries - aims to create ranking of the openness of state archives, increase the openness of Georgian archives and develop modern research based on archival documents. The project is supported by Open Society Institute Budapest Foundation (OSI).
Purpose of the Position
IDFI within the framework of the above mentioned initiative is seeking for a qualified Analyst to work on research products and support the team in project related administrative work. Analyst will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and Coordinator.
- Conduct scientific studies and prepare articles related to history and memory studies;
- Provide translation of international articles (from English to Georgian and vice versa);
- Identify potential partners and/or donors for new Project ideas;
- Network with international partners of the Project (via e-mail) and manage related correspondence;
- Participate in planing and organizing events.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Graduate of humanitarian sciences (preferably holding the Master's degree from a western university) in the following directions: history, memory studies, sociology;
- Academic writing skills and experience;
- Excellent in English and good knowledge of the Russian languages;
- Knowledge of basic computer programs;
- It is desirable to have 3 years of experience in relevant directions in the academic, research organization.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and Motivation Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2019. In the subject note, please, indicate the job title: Archives - Analyst. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.