Application Deadline :
18 April 2017
The Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI) within the framework of its project “Supporting the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in Georgia” has launched a competition of ideas for and later production of an informative social video clip. Theme: Sustainable Development Goals and Georgia.
The project is supported by United Nations Development Program’s (UNDP) Governance Reform Fund (GRF), with financial assistance of the Swedish government and United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The purpose of the video clip is to raise awareness about Sustainable Development Goals in Georgia and the importance of their implementation.
What are Sustainable Development Goals?
On September 25, 2015, 193 UN member states agreed on the Sustainable Development Agenda document: “Transformation of our World - 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”. The aim of Sustainable Development Goals is to continue the work started by Millennium Development Goals.
Georgia was one of the first states that supported the adoption of UN Sustainable Development Goals in 2015 and started to implement them into national political agenda. Sustainable Development Agenda contains 17 goals and 169 targets.
Who can participate in the competition?
Qualified organizations and individuals with relevant experience can participate in the competition.
1. The video must qualify as social video.
2. The video must maintain technical requirements necessary to broadcast on national television.
3. The duration must be no longer than 1 minute.
4. The video must not contain violence.
5. The video must be completed in three weeks after results of the competition are known.
6. The author of the video clip is required to take into consideration the demands of project experts and make any necessary changes.
7. All decisions about and changes in video clip should be agreed with the project team in written form.
8. Labeling video as social video clip and its broadcast on national television is an obligation of the project team and not the author.
Deadlines and Procedures
The deadline for application is April 18, 2017.
Participants must provide:
- Information about the applicant (in case of an individual, please send CV) indicating experience in producing informational, social video clips and ads.
- The idea for a video clip (Word document file), which clearly describes the content and the main massages of the video clip, shot by shot (a script).
- At least 3 examples of previously created video clips.
All of the above must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate - Competition for Social Video Clip.
- The script must be in accordance with the goals of the competition;
- Information about Sustainable Development Goals must be easy to understand and remember for a wide audience;
- Innovative outlook;
- Small timeframe for production;
- Past experience.
Only winners will be notified. The project reserves the right not to clarify the reasons behind not selecting a particular idea. For additional information about competition please contact us, Monday – Friday, from 10:00 – 19:00:
Institute for Development for Freedom of information: Tel: +995 32 2 92 15 14; +995 599 500 137