The Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI) with the support from United Nations Development Program’s (UNDP) and government of Sweden calls students to submit essays on the subject of Sustainable Development Goals and Georgia.
The purpose of this competition is to promote the Sustainable Development Goals in Georgia and raise awareness about their importance.
What are Sustainable Development Goals?
On September 25, 2015, 193 UN member states agreed on the Sustainable Development Agenda document: “Transformation of our World - 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”. The aim of Sustainable Development Goals is to continue the work started by Millennium Development Goals.
Georgia was one of the first states that supported the adoption of UN Sustainable Development Goals in 2015 and started to implement them into national political agenda. Sustainable Development Agenda contains 17 goals and 169 targets.
To receive more information about this competition, an information meeting will be held on May 2, 2017, 17:00 at conference room of restaurant Lolita (#7 Chovelidze str., III Floor). To participate in the meeting, please register no later than April 26, 2017.
Who can participate in the competition?
Any undergraduate or graduate student in Georgia can participate in this competition.
How to participate in the competition?
1. The essay must concentrate on only one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals;
2. One participant may submit multiple essays on different Goals;
3. At the end of an essay, please indicate your first name, last name, contact information (e-mail and phone number) and the name of the educational institution you are enrolled in;
4. Technical requirements: the text should be in Georgian, font – Sylfaen, size – 12, spacing – 1.5, no more than 1,000 words. Please do NOT send essays in PDF. The Word document must include the name of the participant in its title;
5. In case of plagiarism, the organizers reserve the right to remove the participant from the competition;
6. Deadline for submission is May 21, 2017;
7. Please send your essay/s to email@example.com;
8. The e-mail subject line must be - Essay Competition.
- Relevance and original analysis of the issue;
- Logical reasoning;
- Analysis and argumentation;
- The structure of the essay (introduction, main body, conclusion);
- Following academic writing standards.
- First place winner will receive a GEL 1,000 gift card for a technology store, the second and third place holders will be awarded with special gifts at the Sustainable Development Goals international forum.
For additional information about the competition please contact us, Monday – Friday, from 10:00 – 19:00:
Institute for Development of Freedom of Information
Tel: +995 32 2 92 15 14; +995 599 500 137
The competition is held in the framework of the project “Supporting the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in Georgia”.