The Parliament of Georgia is launching a youth contest - Your Idea for Open Parliament with the support of the European Union and the United Nations Development Program, and in cooperation with the Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI).
The contest aims to raise awareness of young people about open parliament and to initiate commitments submitted by them for the 2018-2019 Open Parliament Action Plan. The contest enables young people to participate in the activities of the Parliament of Georgia and share their ideas about what the Parliament should do to become more accountable, transparent and open to citizen engagement.
Who can participate in the contest?
Students below the age of 26 enrolled in Bachelor or Master’s programs of any higher education institution in Georgia.
Terms of Participation:
1. Participants must submit ideas about Parliamentary commitments for the third, 2018-2019 Open Parliament Action Plan;
2. The main purpose of the submitted ideas must be ensuring citizen engagement, accountability, access to information and transparency in legislative processes, and the use of new technologies and innovations to ensure parliamentary openness;
3. Each participant may submit several ideas;
4. Submitted ideas must not coincide with any existing and / or current commitments of the Parliament of Georgia (See 2015-2016 and 2017 Open parliament Action Plans).
5. The submission must include a clear description of the commitment and its purpose;
6. The submission must be made in Georgian and must not exceed 300 words.
Contest Prize - unique opportunity to be involved in parliamentary activities
- Selected applicants will be invited to attend a meeting with the Permanent Parliamentary Council on Open and Transparent Governance and its Consultative Group to present their ideas;
- Ideas that are deemed best may be included in the 2018-2019 Open Parliament Action Plan;
- Authors of these ideas will have the opportunity to participate in open parliament meetings and events;
- Authors of 3 best ideas will be able to attend the Open Government Partnership (OGP) Global Summit held in Tbilisi on 17-19 July 2018, which will bring together over 3,000 participants from 70 countries.
Submissions must be sent to: email@example.com with the subject line ‘Youth Contest’ until March 31, 2018. The submission must include the applicant’s name, surname and contact information (phone number and e-mail).
An information session for the interested participants will be held on 26 February 2018, 12:00-14:00 pm, at Fabrika conference hall.
For more information about the contest, contact us from Monday through Friday, 10:00 to 19:00:
FB Message: https://www.facebook.com/IDFI.official
Tel: +995 32 2 92 15 14; and / or +995 599 500 137