Project title: Supporting the Functioning of the State Inspector Service
Donor organization: Open Society Georgia Foundation
Project number: HR/12/20 – 21074
Project budget:49,890 US Dollars
Project duration:24 June 2020 –15 July 2021
The project aimsto identify gaps and challenges related to the investigative work of the State Inspector Service as well as to deliver relevant recommendations in order to support improvement of its functioning. The project team will study current legal framework, other legislative acts related to the State Inspector Service as well as conduct interviews with the prosecutors and investigators to further identify existing gaps and flaws in the legislation and practice. Within the scope of this project, study will be prepared which will include major findings of the monitoring as well as recommendations aimed at improving its work.
Purpose of the Project
The project is aimed at supporting the functioning of the State Inspector Service, with a particular focus on its investigative function, through monitoring, research and advocacy. In addition, the goal of the project is to promote the improvement of the work of the State Inspector Service through identifying needs and challenges related to its functioning.
1. A study will be prepared on investigative work of the State Inspector Service, which will cover analysis of the national legal framework, international standards, public information and secondary sources, and the results of conducted interviews;
2. Two critical thematic foreign articles will be translated and published;
3. Two thematic media trainings will be held;
4. Working meetings with the State Inspector Service, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Prosecutor’s Office and Parliament;
5. Public presentation of the study.
Academic and Certificate Program: Disinformation and Propaganda Studies: History, Theories and Means of Debunking was Launched21.09.2021
Refusal of EU Assistance is an Open Declaration of Georgia's Deviation from the Euro-Atlantic Course31.08.2021
Guðmundur Andri Ástráðsson v. Iceland: Breach of Domestic Law on Judicial Appointments Violated the Right to a Fair Trial10.02.2021