Project title: Supporting the Functioning of the State Inspector Service
Donor organization: Open Society Georgia Foundation
Project number: HR/12/20 – 21074
Project budget:49,890 US Dollars
Project duration:24 June 2020 –24May 2021
The project aimsto identify gaps and challenges related to the investigative work of the State Inspector Service as well as to deliver relevant recommendations in order to support improvement of its functioning. The project team will study current legal framework, other legislative acts related to the State Inspector Service as well as conduct interviews with the prosecutors and investigators to further identify existing gaps and flaws in the legislation and practice. Within the scope of this project, study will be prepared which will include major findings of the monitoring as well as recommendations aimed at improving its work.
Purpose of the Project
The project is aimed at supporting the functioning of the State Inspector Service, with a particular focus on its investigative function, through monitoring, research and advocacy. In addition, the goal of the project is to promote the improvement of the work of the State Inspector Service through identifying needs and challenges related to its functioning.
1. A study will be prepared on investigative work of the State Inspector Service, which will cover analysis of the national legal framework, international standards, public information and secondary sources, and the results of conducted interviews;
2. Two critical thematic foreign articles will be translated and published;
3. Two thematic media trainings will be held;
4. Working meetings with the State Inspector Service, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Prosecutor’s Office and Parliament;
5. Public presentation of the study.
Covid-19 and Constitutional Review: Assessment of the Effectiveness of the Constitutional Court of Georgia20.11.2020
The Coalition for an Independent and Transparent Judiciary Reacts to the XXVIII Extraordinary Judicial Conference30.10.2020
Non-Government Organisations Call for Adequate Response from Georgia’s Investigative and Security Bodies as well as from the State Audit Office on Dossier’s Report about the Alliance of Patriots of Georgia02.10.2020