Project Title: Research project on potential gender-determined differences in civil service career paths in Georgia
Funded by: UNDP
Contract Number: #00095872
Total Budget: USD 15,000
Duration: 15 July 2019 – 31 December 2019
Research project on potential gender-determined differences in civil service career paths in Georgia is the UNDP funded initiative implemented by the Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI).The project aims to identify the key ways in which gender determines differences in career paths and the extent to which these differences are perceived as detrimental to the individual civil servants and the civil service as a whole.
Secondary Objectives of the project are following:
- To study the satisfaction level of male and female employees towards the career system in civil service
- To identify possible challenges and differences for male and female employees in development of their career paths
- To measure the perception of the effect of these differences to the individual civil servants and the civil service
- To provide recommendations for the improvement of the civil service career system
Under the project IDFI will carry out a research which will answer the following questions:
- What is the journey of managerial level male and female civil servant from the beginning of the career and/or entering civil service to recent position?
- What are the perceptions of male and female civil servants on the necessity and benefits of the career development in civil service?
- What are the needs, challenges, and assumptions, positive and negative factors of/for male and female civil servants at each stage of career development?
- What are the perceptions of male and female civil servants on the effectiveness of the career development in civil service?
- What are the best practices in carer development and possible solutions of differences in career paths of civil servants?
The research project will contribute to a better understanding of the differences in career paths for female and male civil servants and will provide the recommendations on how to remove these differences.
Development of the New Anti-corruption Strategy and Action Plan 2019-2020 has been Faulty22.08.2019
Regulating Inadmissible Content – What does the Constitutional Court decision of 2 August 2019 Change09.08.2019
Statement of NGOs on the Charges Made Against former Director-General of Rustavi 2, Nika Gvaramia09.08.2019
Sentencing Zviad Kuprava to Imprisonment Is a Dangerous Precedent of Restricting Freedom of Expression02.08.2019