Project Title: Developing the Transparency and Integrity Building Strategy and Action Plan for the Akhaltsikhe Municipality
Donor Organization: USAID Good Governance Initiative in Georgia, Tetra Tech ARD
Project Contract Number: GGI-SUB-015
Total Budget: 35,300 GEL ($13,074)
Duration of the Project: 11 October , 2018 – 15 March, 2019
USAID Good Governance Initiative Project supports the Municipality of Akhaltsikhe in developing its governance capacities, including the area of fighting corruption on the local level.
The City Hall of the Akhaltsikhe Municipality made a commitment in the 2018-2019 OGP National Action Plan to strengthen its anticorruption system. The above-mentioned commitment includes development of a transparency and integrity strategy and action plan and their subsequent implementation. These activities will enable the Municipality of Akhaltsikhe to increase efficiency of its governance system, as well as boost transparency and accountability of institutions.
Aim of the Project
The project aims to support the City Hall of Akhaltsikhe in developing the transparency, accountability and integrity strategy and action plan, as well as increase capacity of municipal civil servants in the area of fighting against corruption.
Goals of the Project
In order to achieve the above-mentioned aim, IDFI will achieve the following goals throughout the project:
- To facilitate development of the transparency and integrity strategy and action plan, support creation of a working group in Akhaltsikhe City Hall;
- Analyze international experience in the fight against corruption on the local level, including recommendations/best practices of OECD, GRECO and their member states;
- Conduct a detailed situation analysis with regard to transparency, accountability and integrity in municipal public institutions of Akhaltsikhe;
- Based on the situation analysis, develop a draft strategy and action plan for increasing transparency and integrity;
- To increase capacity of local civil servants, develop a manual f about anticorruption best practices;
- Advocate for the formal adoption of the strategy and action plan and advocate for their integration in the National Anti-Corruption Action Plan.
Regulating Inadmissible Content – What does the Constitutional Court decision of 2 August 2019 Change09.08.2019
Statement of NGOs on the Charges Made Against former Director-General of Rustavi 2, Nika Gvaramia09.08.2019
Sentencing Zviad Kuprava to Imprisonment Is a Dangerous Precedent of Restricting Freedom of Expression02.08.2019