Project title: Advancing the capacity of CSOs and the Media in the field of Freedom of information and freedom of speech
Donor: Czech Republic – Ministry of Foreign Affairs,Czech Republic’s Official Transition Promotion Program
Project number: 20-23GE01
Project Duration: April, 2023 – October, 2023
Grant amount: CZK 399 993
In order to facilitate the application of the ECHR case law in national jurisdiction and promote free speech and freedom of information, the pressing legal questions stemming from the existing administrative practice and case law regarding the freedom of information, freedom of speech and freedom of media will be documented. Working meetings aimed at mapping the main challenges will be organized and held with CSOs, independent lawyers and media representatives who are actively engaged in handling the cases related to freedom of Media, Freedom of Speech and Freedom of expression. Research of the ECHR (and ECJ as well if required) case law will be conducted in order to study the legal standards that are applicable to legal challenges specific for Georgia. Digital manual of newest case law of the ECHR regarding the freedom of information, freedom of speech and other rights that fall under the scope of Media freedom will be prepared and free access will be provided.
Main objective of the project
Facilitating the application of the ECHR case law in national jurisdiction and advancing the standards of free speech and freedom of information.
1. Disseminating information about the project through the website and social network;
2. Conducting meetings with the relevant stakeholders
3. Drafting and publishing at least three legal blogs/articles regarding the legal standards of the ECHR;
4. Preparing and publishing three visual materials (infographics) regarding the project;
5. Submitting amicus curiae to the Common or the Constitutional court of Georgia regarding the case of high legal importance;
6. Preparing Digital Manual;
7. Holding final presentation;
8. Published and sending digital report to the legal departments of the Media, CSO’s, Bar association of Georgia, Administrative bodies, Judiciary.
IDFI held a meeting with students at the second public school of Khoni named after Akaki Tchkhenkeli01.12.2023
The household subsidy for the victims of political repressions will rise from 7 to 40 GEL in 2024 due to several years of advocacy by IDFI24.11.2023
IDFI held a closing event of the project “Advancing the capacity of CSOs and the Media in the field of Freedom of Information and Freedom of Speech”24.11.2023
INFORMATION INTEGRITY COALITION REACTS TO THE RECOMMENDATION TO GRANT CANDIDATE STATUS TO GEORGIA ALONGSIDE A NEW CONDITION TO ADDRESS DISINFORMATION10.11.2023
Responding to the Conclusion of the Constitutional Court of Georgia regarding the impeachment of the President of Georgia17.10.2023
Soviet Roots of Anti-Western Propaganda20.12.2022