At the signing ceremony, G-PAC presented new standards to an auditorium filled with CSOs, the media, and International Organizations. Following the presentation, Georgian think tanks publicly signed the document.
EWMI G-PAC assisted Georgian think tanks in developing these standards, using similar documents from the US and Central and Eastern Europe as guidelines. Policy research experts from Arizona State University in the US reviewed the draft standards and provided feedback. Over months of discussion, and with great attention from the Georgian policy research environment, the Georgian think tanks developed, finalized, and adopted these standards.
By signing up to follow those standards, the Georgian Think Tanks have self-imposed principles of excellence and have taken responsibility for following the highest possible standards to guide them through their work. The standards will ultimately raise the profile of Georgian think tanks among the public, as well as enhance the credibility and quality of the policy research.
The following organizations signed the document:
1. Curatio International Foundation
2. The Economic Policy Research Center
3. The International Institute for Education Policy, Planning and management
4. PMC Research Center
5. Civil Society Institute
6. Center for Social Sciences
7. Centre for Civil Integration and Inter-Ethnic Relations (CCIIR)
8. Liberal Academy Tbilisi
9. Caucasus Institute for Peace, Democracy and Development
10. ISET Policy Institute
11. World Experience for Georgia
12. Tbilisi Center of Policy Analysis
13. Transparency International – Georgia
14. The Caucasian Institute for Economic and Social Research
15. Institute for Social policy
16. Institute for Development of freedom of Information (IDFI)
IDFI's Training in Kutaisi City05.10.2019
Coalition Assesses the Process of Selection of Supreme Court Justices at the High Council of Justice12.09.2019